Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kovalchuk slips Flyers roofie, Thrashers come back to win

Kovy completely ripped off Matt Carle after a faceoff and roofed the shot to pull the Thrashers within one. Peverley was next to score, after which I witnessed a classic Kamal call: "Rich Peverley!! I know your vanity plates make no sense to anyone but you!!" Sounds like a great line for the Ten Gallon Dick series over at The Blueland Chronicle, except that I'm not quite sure how acting-Sheriff Peverley could have a license plate...

Slater later scored his second of the night, his second 2-goal game of both the season and his career. I don't know how better to say it, so I'll quote Ben Wright on Twitter.With the win, the Thrashers are back in playoff position, if even for one night only. **UPDATE** Having finally watched the highlights from the game, I have to say, Evander Kane pretty much scored both of those goals by ricocheting them in off Slater's stick...

Stulberger has been on a Blazing Saddles kick tonight: just now, sometime around talking about the Ottawa Senators and their 8th straight win, "horn-swoggling" was said. I think we're all indebted to Stulie (Johnson) for clearly stating what needed to be said.

Though I didn't see it as I was listening via radio feed, Moose came way out and challenged a Flyer on a breakaway. The two collided, and Moose lost his mask and ended up with his jersey over his head. Kamal, always good for a funny line, dubbed Moose "Headless Heddy", which brings up the question: As NHL goalies often get a new mask every season, will Moose's next mask be a Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Ichabod Crane-themed mask? Will we see "Ichabod Moose" in 2010-2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment